Don’t let the devil trick you out of your promises! Jesus loves you with an incomparable love. He will move the earth for you, but requires you trust Him, believe Him and love Him enough to allow Him access to your heart. Please consider the following if you’ve had thoughts of suicide. I believe it will save your life:
- You are never alone. There is help! Within the United States, Dial 911 immediately! You will receive assistance of law professionals who will contact others on your behalf promptly. There is also the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255 if you are contemplating suicide.
- Acknowledge that God is bigger than all of your issues combined, magnified x1 trillion and warmed over. He is the One that called you, placed you in the womb and breathed life into your body. No matter what your experiences, He still loves you and wants you back.
- If you’ve not surrendered your life to Jesus Christ or you have back slidden (lived as if you were never saved), then surrender now. You took a detour and were led away from the light of this glorious gospel by the devil, Satan, the enemy of your soul. God didn’t leave you. You left him. Come home. Say aloud the following, “Lord forgive me for my sin. I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God who died for my release from sin. Lord Jesus, come into my life. I’ll make you my Lord and my Savior.”
- Ask for help! This requires you put all of the pride, embarrassment and shame aside. It seems frightening, I know however you are strong enough to do it. There is a King in you. You don’t sense Him because of the issues you’re facing. That is what the devil wants to happen. He’s already a defeated foe and he desires to bring you down as well. His job, as Jesus Himself has said, is to steal, kill and destroy. Jesus also said that the devil is the father of lies. He doesn’t live in the truth. He is a murderer. Your focus is off. Stop looking at the issues. Jesus said the reason for His coming is that you would have life and it more abundantly. Turn to God. This is the first push of God for your life when you are considering killing yourself.
- Speak the Word. If all you know is that Jesus saved you, then say it until you believe it; even in the middle of the crisis! Once you believe it, repent and Ask for Help immediately. The shortest prayer recorded in the Bible is Peter crying out to Jesus as he began to sink, “Lord Help!” You feel as if you’re sinking and you don’t see a way out. There’s good news my friend, Jesus saved Peter from drowning and He’ll do the same for you!
- Don’t be afraid! Release the emotions and thoughts of suicide by crying aloud, real big! Who cares who hears you and what they think. This is your life on the line. God has appointed when you should die and He has commanded you NEVER to kill.
- Trust God. Paul was imprisoned and a group shut themselves up in a house to pray for his release. God sent an angel and released him from prison. He arrived at the house where the saints were praying and knocked on the door. This will be your testimony. You were imprisoned by the enemy of your soul in fear, depression, ill health and the death of everything you’ve tried. My friend, God has prepared a body of believers to pray for your release. The glory of the Lord will shine about you as your testimony. You take the next step. Call someone today!
- You are not alone. Get help! Pick up the phone and dial a number. Even if it’s wrong, trust that God will have the right person answer. If they can’t talk you down, they know someone who can. If you attend a church, go to someone you trust for help. If you’ve stopped attending church, go back and lay on the altar until the Lord moves. He will move! Please, don’t worry about what others might say. That is the devil playing tricks with your mind. Rebuke him and kick him out.
- When you receive help, stay the course. Don’t stop and turn back to your old ways of thinking and being. Determine to change. Change must take place for your success in life God’s way. After all, you are created in His image and His likeness. Jesus Christ loves you with an incomparable love. He will move the earth for you, but it requires you trust Him, believe Him and love Him enough to allow Him access to your heart.
Live in Christ Fearlessly!